Monday, February 25, 2008

It's like a really long vacation... with homework.

This week wasn't all that eventful.

Monday: No class. Caught up on some homework/quizzes/reading.

Tuesday: Class all day. Nothing too exciting.

Wednesday: I was supposed to have class in the morning, but instead we headed to Elanora Country Club, one of the top 5 courses in New South Wales, which is the location for my Events Management Project Golf Day. It was a beautiful course, but I haven't seen many to compare it to! More class after I returned to school. That night, we headed downtown for Karaoke Night at the Steyne. Sean, another MSU student here, won free drinks for his version of Lou Bega's Mambo #5. It was amazing (and hilarious)! :)

Thursday: Supposed to be my day to sleep in, but I have to have my bedding turned in to housekeeping by 11:00am. Not cool. Us girls decided to watch a movie for Nazi lady's class Thursday morning before class. "Lean on Me" with Morgan Freeman, wasn't too bad. Better that film than most class documentaries.

Friday: Beautiful day! After my noon class, Sean and I headed to the beach to enjoy the sun. We were laying out for WAY too long, and I definately wasn't wearing enough sun screen. Got a little tender, but that didn't stop me from enjoying my weekend. Friday night, the school put on a Wine and Cheese party (not complimentary this time) on the front lawn area of the school. It was a gorgeous night and the wine wasn't horrible this time. We headed down to the Corso, but it ended up being a short night, home just after midnight.

Saturday: Productive day for me. Got a lot of things done and even made myself ignore the beautiful weather outside. I even went a little souvenir shopping, which I have found is rather difficult. Once everyone returned from the beach, we headed back down to get some dinner at Ivanhoe, bar/restaurant in the Corso. I had a Grilled Chicken Burger with avacado. I have found that many dishes are served in much healthier ways down here. -- We planned on going to The Steyne after dinner, but Nate, a guy from Wisconsin, got turned away because he wasn't meeting the dress code requirements. He had on Khaki shorts (not cargo style), leather sandals, and a collared button-up shirt tucked in... I couldn't believe it! So we all left with him when he got turned away. It ended up being a pretty chill night at The Shark Bar. :)

Sunday: Another beautiful day at the beach!! It was PACKED! After a long day at the beach, and an awful lunch and dinner, a group of us headed up to North Head. North Head is a Australian National Park just up the road from the college. It is a series of lookout points over the water along the coast. On this particular weekend, the Queen Victoria and the Queen Elizabeth 2 were both in the Harbor at the same time. Sunday evening though, the Queen Victoria left the Harbor to finish its journey. I didn't realize it was going to be such a big ordeal, but apparently it was. People were everywhere and it actually ended up being pretty cool. I was hoping to see firewroks, but they got moved to Saturday night and I didn't know that. After the ship left, we walked around the park and explored all the paths. It was an amazing view of the city and the open water.

Today: My day off. Loved it! Had lots of homework to do and spent most of the day doing absolutely nothing prodcutive, just like back home at MSU. Back to reality again tomorrow. :(

Hopefully this week flies by... The Gay Pride Parade- Mardi Gras in Sydney is this weekend. It is going to be out of control! Sean is definately ready to show off his stuff!! It will be an unforgettable experience, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is doing well back home. Keep the updates coming. It's nice to hear how things are going.

Love&Miss.
xoxo

1 comment:

Judi said...

Hi Jo
Sorry I haven't written, I'm sure it's nice for you to hear from everyone. It seems like you've been gone forever!!! You're adventures are fun to read, and sitting here in cold and snowy Michigan doesn't compare.

Bill and I have been leading a very exciting life also. The boys basketball game (districts), where they lost to Hemlock, and some walking at Center Courts. That about does it. I did renew my CPR card for a little more excitement.

I guess most of your family will be gone for the next week or so. Seems weird that everyone will be gone. Can't wait for April, so I can be gone.

Have a good week, enjoy the nice weather.

Judi